Here you’re going to find some of the latest real estate news and trends. Rather you are a home buyer or seller; I am sure you would like to know what the market is up to. If you find interest in what is being uploaded, feel free to subscribe at any time. Therefore, you will stay informed about the market without having to search for information yourself. Lastly, I also write blog posts myself. As a real estate agent, I feel like it is vital to share my knowledge and experience as much as possible.
Before buying a house, it is essential to do your research. Therefore, this page will also serve as an informational hub for those who are lost on where to start. If you’re a first-time buyer, make sure to check and see if your county or city offers financial assistance. Since I am a real estate agent in Williamsburg, Virginia, I wrote about first-time buyer programs in Virginia specifically. However, running a quick Google search will solve this issue if you arent in my state.
As a home seller, keeping up with the latest news and trends is also important. The market is always changing, and there is no guarantee your home will sell no matter how good the market is. For this reason, staying informed of the buyer demand can put you ahead of most would-be home sellers. The last thing you would want is to put your home on the market with full optimism, only to be disappointed later. Nonetheless, the home selling process is challenging, and it only becomes more difficult in a competitive market. Needless to say, having a good Realtor can help you successfully sell your house. However, you still must do your part by researching the market.
HomeLight Blog Real Estate Advice from America's Top Agents
- 10 Little-Known Ways to Find a Quality Listing Agent in Your City
- Evanston Is the First Municipality in the U.S. to Use Public Funds for Black Reparations — Here’s How it Worksby Alesandra Dubin on February 26, 2021
Evanston is testing a revolutionary new reparations program designed to use cannabis sale tax dollars to help increase Black homeownership.
- Understanding Residential Appraisals: The Homeowner’s Essential Guide
- 8 Tips for Selling a Rental Property: Navigating Taxes and Tenantsby Melissa Rudy on February 26, 2021
Tricky tax rules, existing lease terms, and wear-and-tear from tenants can make selling a rental property a major headache.
- 5 Keys To Know About an ‘As Is’ Home Sale Before You Try Oneby Valerie Kalfrin on February 26, 2021
Let’s look at five things you should know about an as is home sale before you list your biggest asset like a damaged La-Z-Boy.
- How to Sell a Fixer-Upper House Fast: 9 Shortcuts to an Offerby Melissa Rudy on February 26, 2021
You need to figure out how to sell a fixer-upper house — and do it fast — to avoid additional strain. So what’s the plan?
- Got an Old Fuse Box? What to Know About Selling Your Home
- The Proof is in the Plat Map: Your Neighborhood, Dividedby Sally Tunmer on February 26, 2021
What is a plat map? While plat maps might seem like just another piece of paperwork, they are a valuable property tool for homebuyers.
Keeping Current Matters Fresh, relevant content
- It’s a Sellers’ Market [INFOGRAPHIC]by KCM Crew on February 26, 2021
Some Highlights Over the past year, homeowners have gained an unprecedented opportunity to sell with great success while buyer demand is soaring. With homes selling twice as fast as they did last year at this time, getting multiple offers, and rising in price, homeowners are in the driver’s seat. Reach out to a local real estate professional today if you’re ready to learn about the leverage you have as a seller in today’s housing market. The post It’s a Sellers’ Market [INFOGRAPHIC] appeared first on Keeping Current Matters.
- Are There Going to Be More Homes to Buy This Year?by KCM Crew on February 25, 2021
If you’re looking for a home to purchase right now and having trouble finding one, you’re not alone. The post Are There Going to Be More Homes to Buy This Year? appeared first on Keeping Current Matters.
- How Much Leverage Do Today’s House Sellers Have?by KCM Crew on February 24, 2021
The housing market has been scorching hot over the last twelve months. The post How Much Leverage Do Today’s House Sellers Have? appeared first on Keeping Current Matters.
- The Reason Mortgage Rates Are Projected to Increase and What It Means for Youby KCM Crew on February 23, 2021
We’re currently experiencing historically low mortgage rates. The post The Reason Mortgage Rates Are Projected to Increase and What It Means for You appeared first on Keeping Current Matters.
- Where Have All the Houses Gone?by KCM Crew on February 22, 2021
In today’s housing market, it seems harder than ever to find a home to buy. The post Where Have All the Houses Gone? appeared first on Keeping Current Matters.
- Home Mortgage Rates by Decade [INFOGRAPHIC]by KCM Crew on February 19, 2021
Some Highlights Mortgage interest rates have dropped considerably over the past year, and compared to what we’ve seen in recent decades, it’s a great time to buy a home. Locking in a low rate today could save you thousands of dollars over the lifetime of your home loan, but these low rates may not last forever. If you’re in a position to buy a home, reach out to a local real estate professional to determine your best move in today’s housing market while interest rates are still in your favor. The post Home Mortgage Rates by Decade [INFOGRAPHIC] appeared first on Keeping Current Matters.
- Will Low Mortgage Rates Continue through 2021?by KCM Crew on February 18, 2021
With mortgage interest rates hitting record lows so many times recently, some are wondering if we’ll see low rates continue throughout 2021, or if they’ll start to rise. The post Will Low Mortgage Rates Continue through 2021? appeared first on Keeping Current Matters.
- 3 Ways Home Equity Can Have a Major Impact on Your Lifeby KCM Crew on February 17, 2021
There have been a lot of headlines reporting on how homeowner equity (the difference between the current market value of your home and the amount you owe on your mortgage) has dramatically increased over the past few years. The post 3 Ways Home Equity Can Have a Major Impact on Your Life appeared first on Keeping Current Matters.
Redfin | Real Estate Tips for Home Buying, Selling & More Real estate on Wall Street, Main Street and your street.
- 10 Awesome Real Estate Tips for Home Sellers
- 8 Ways to use Synthetic Turf to Beautify your Yard
- 14 Upgrades and Routines to Be Happier in Your Home
- 66 Questions to Ask When Buying a House
- Grandmillennial Style Is All the Rage: How to Embrace this Design Trend in Your Home
- Everything You Need to Know About Closing Costs
- 10 Relaxing Home Decor Ideas to Transform Your Space
- 5 Ways to Win a Real Estate Bidding War without the Highest Bid